The Editorial and Marketing Intern is responsible for providing support for the editorial/writing team and the marketing team in producing stories, marketing collaterals, and general tasks as required. The Editorial and Marketing Intern will report to the Editor at Kontinentalist for the duration of the internship (6 months).
What the job entails
- Assist writers with researching and writing articles as requested
- Contribute ideas and feedback to editorial and marketing discussions
- Help conceptualise and develop marketing campaigns for Kontinentalist’s stories and brand
- Perform digital and social media marketing research and routine marketing functions, such as search engine optimisation, copywriting, and marketing analytics
- Design marketing collaterals and promotional materials for Kontinentalist’s brand, platform, and stories
- Other projects as assigned
- Interns may plan and pitch a story idea for the Kontinentalist platform before the end of the internship. If the story is approved, the intern will conceptualise, plan, research, and write an article for our publication.
- Given the current situation around COVID-19, the Editorial and Marketing Intern will work remotely until authorities determine that it is safe to resume working in offices.
What we are looking for
- This position is open to undergraduate, graduate, and polytechnic diploma students. We are open to considering candidates without these qualifications who bring demonstrable, relevant value.
- Strong initiative and ability to work and learn independently
- Deep desire for learning and a can-do attitude
- Open-mindedness and a willingness to offer and receive criticism
- Collaborative team player eager to assist with and elevate the quality of Kontinentalist’s work
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as comfort with working with supervisors to manage multiple priorities
- Sensitivity to language, especially around complex ideas written for casual readers
- Basic design skills and competency at data analysis, visualisation, or storytelling will be an appreciated bonus